The course on radiation safety is primarily directed to the safety ofworkers, members of the public and the environment by emphasizing aspects of radiation protection, in line with the requirement of theAtomic Energy Licensing Act 1984.The increasing use of ionising radiation in various sectors – industry,medical, manufacturing, agriculture and research – demands acomprehensive implementation of the Atomic Energy Licensing Actwhich requires all those involved with the use of ionising radiationto have a Radiation Protection Officer and properly trained radiationworkers.This 1-day course is specially designed to create the awareness on theradiation needs of special attention to the radiation safety in order toprotect the safety of workers, public and the environment.
Who Should Attend:
Safety officer, RPO, RPS, radiation worker, radiologist, radiographer, x-ray operator, supplier, supervisor,lecturer, technologist, technician, laboratory assistant and those who are involved and interested in the application of ionising radiation in various sectors-industry, engineering, petroleum and gas,medical, manufacturing, agriculture, etc. All level of personnel and those who are interested and involved in the use of ionising radiation.
- Basic Information on Ionising Radiation
- Principles of Radiation Protection
- Effects of Radiation On Man
- Application of Ionising Radiation in Various Sectors
- Radiological Monitoring and Measurement
- Working Procedure with Ionising Radiation and Radioactive Materials
- Atomic Energy Licensing Act/Legislative Requirements
- Security of Radioactive Material
- Participative Lecture
|Payment||Fees||Fees with accommodation*|
|Single Registration per pax||RM 580.00||RM 750.00|
|After IPTN||RM 550.00|
|Team Discount per pax
(2 or more registrations from the same organisation)
|RM 550.00||RM 720.00|
|After IPTN||RM 520.00|
* The accommodation valid for Suite 57@ Nuclear Malaysia Guest House.
RM100 per night Check in- 2.00 pmCheck out – 12.00 pm