Eddy Current is one of the most common NDT method used in material evaluation. This inspection method is now very well known and has become a routine in the world of industry such as, power plant and other related industries. For this reason, a National Qualification and Certification Scheme for Eddy Current Method was established and approved by the Department of Skills Development (JPK), 1995 under National Occupational Skills Standard (NOSS).
This course is designed to meet the requirements of the standard syllabus of eddy current according to JPK Level 1, National Qualification and Certification Scheme (NOSS). Participants who have successfully met the course requirements are allowed to sit for the Level I Eddy Current examination conducted by JPK. Successful candidate will be awarded the Level I certificate which is recognised by the Malaysian Government.
- To provide guidance and sorting of materials on the basis of conductivity and permeability
- To estimate coating thickness and thinning of non ferromagnetic material
- To detect crack, surface and near surface in components, structure and welds.
- Introduction to non-destructive testing (NDT)
- Introduction to materials process and defects
- Basic electrical theory
- Basic magnetism and electromagnetism theory
- Principle of eddy current
- Eddy current probes and equipment
- Testing technique for felt surface
- Application of eddy current in engineering works
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is opened to all participants, in particular NDT personnels, supervisors, NDT trainers, contractors and researchers and those who are interested in eddy current technique
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
English and Bahasa Melayu.
Lecture, tutorial, practical/demonstration.
Single Registration per pax RM 1810.00
After IPTN RM 1719.00
Team Discount per pax RM 1700.00
(2 or more registrations from the same organisation)
After IPTN RM 1615.00
For Nuclear Malaysia per pax RM 250.00
For JPK per pax RM 300.00
PAYMENT (Including Examination)
Single Registration per pax RM 2360.00
After IPTN RM 2269.00
Team Discount per pax RM 2250.00
After IPTN RM 2165.00
SME per pax RM 708.00