Eddy Current is one of the most common NDT methods used in material evaluation. This inspection method is well known and has become a routine in the world of industry such as, power plant and other related industries. For this reason, a National Qualification and Certification Scheme for Eddy Current Method was established by the Department of Skills Development (JPK) 1995 under National Occupational Skills Standard (NOSS).
This course is designed to meet the requirements of the standard syllabus of eddy current according to JPK Level II, National Qualification and Certification Scheme (NOSS). Participants who have successfully met the course requirements are allowed to sit for the Level II Eddy Current examination conducted by JPK. Successful candidates will be awarded the Level II certificate which is recognised by the Malaysian Government.
- To provide guidance and sorting materials on the basis of conductivity and permeability
- To estimate coating thickness of non-ferromagnetic material
- To detect crack, surface and near surface in components, structure and welds.
- Introduction to non-destructive testing (NDT)
- Introduction to materials process and defects
- Basic electrical theory
- Basic magnetism and electromagnetism theory
- Principle of eddy current
- Eddy current probes and equipment
- Testing technique for felt surface
- Application of eddy current in engineering work
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
English and Bahasa Melayu.
Lecture, tutorial, practical/demonstration.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
NDT personnel, supervisors, NDT trainers, contractors and researchers and those who are interested in eddy current technique.
Single Registration per pax RM 2090.00
After IPTN RM 1985.00
Team Discount per pax RM 1980.00
(2 or more registrations from the same organisation)
After IPTN RM 1881.00
For Nuclear Malaysia per pax RM 350.00
For JPK per pax RM 300.00
Payment (Including Examination)
Single Registration per pax RM 2740.00
After IPTN RM 2635.00
Team Discount per pax RM 2630.00
After IPTN RM 2531.00
SME per pax RM 822.00