Eddy Current is one of the most common NDT methods used in material evaluation. This inspection method is well known and has become a routine in the world of industry such as, power plant and other related industries. For this reason, a National Qualification and Certification Scheme for Eddy Current Method was established by the Department of Skills Development (JPK) 1995 under National Occupational Skills Standard (NOSS).
This course is designed to meet the requirements of the standard syllabus of eddy current according to JPK Level III, National Qualification and Certification Scheme (NOSS). Participants who have successfully met the course requirements are allowed to sit for the Level III Eddy Current examination conducted by JPK. Successful candidates will be awarded the Level III certificate which is recognised by the Malaysian Government.
- To provide guidance and sorting materials on the basis of conductivity and permeability
- To estimate coating thickness of non-ferromagnetic material
- To detect crack, surface and near surface in components, structure and welds.
In addition to attending this training course, participants fulfilling the
following requirement are eligible for the examination:
- Currently holding Level 2 Certificate
- For non-certified candidate, participants with PMR (or equivalent), (SPM)(or equivalent) and diploma or higher degree shall have 7 years, 6 years and 4 years experience Certificate will only be awarded if the candidates pass the practical part of Level 2 Examination conducted prior to Level 3 Examination
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
NDT personnel, supervisors, NDT trainers, contractors and researchers and those who are interested in eddy current technique.
- General knowledge: Technology of NDT, Technology of materials, Metrology
- Physical principles of the test
- Testing Procedures
- Codes, standards, specification and procedures
- Presentation of reports and documentation
- Interpretation of results, limitations of the method
- Quality assurance and standardization
- Organisation and administration of NDT
- Qualification and certification of NDT personnel
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
English and Bahasa Melayu.
Lecture, tutorial, practical/demonstration.
Single Registration per pax RM 3550.00
After IPTN RM 3312.00
Team Discount per pax RM 3370.00
(2 or more registrations from the same organisation)
After IPTN RM 3201.00
For Nuclear Malaysia per pax RM 450.00
For JPK per pax RM 300.00
Payment (Including Examination)
Single Registration per pax RM 4300.00
After IPTN RM 4062.00
Team Discount per pax RM 4120.00
After IPTN RM 3951.00
SME per pax RM 1290.00